There’s no magic pill for managing severe asthma. That being said, there are ways to make things a little easier when it comes to living with this chronic condition. One of the most helpful solutions is called Fasenra and it’s gaining popularity among those who struggle with severe asthma. If you have been recently diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma, then you may be concerned about what this means for your future and if it will get worse over time. Rest assured that even though you probably have some difficult days ahead of you, there are many things that can help keep your symptoms under control.
One of those things is Fasenra for severe asthma. As we’ll see in this article, it could be exactly what you need to feel better again and live an almost normal life.
What is Fasenra?
Fasenra is the trade name for fluticasone furoate, a type of corticosteroid. It is a rescue inhaler used to treat asthma attacks and severe allergies. Fasenra is a long-acting inhaled steroid used for the management of asthma that doesn’t respond to the usual short-acting treatments. It has a slower onset of action than short-acting bronchodilators. It is a prescription drug that is meant to be used daily. Fasenra is indicated for patients with moderate to severe asthma. It is also used to treat symptoms of allergies such as runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing. It is a very powerful medication and should be used only under medical supervision.
How does Fasenra Work?
Fasenra is a long-acting inhaled steroid that works by blocking the body’s inflammatory response. When a person is suffering from an asthma attack, their airways become inflamed and swollen. This can make it very difficult to breathe and might even lead to hospitalization if left untreated. Fluticasone furoate is a type of steroid medication that works by blocking the body’s inflammatory response. During an asthma attack, your body releases inflammatory mediators as a way to combat the triggers that set off the attack. Steroids like fluticasone furoate work by binding to these inflammatory mediators, thereby blocking them from doing their job. In this way, they help to stop the swelling of the airways and make it easier to breathe again.
5 Benefits of Fasenra for Severe Asthma
- An almost immediate relief from asthma symptoms- Even though Fasenra is a long-acting medication, it is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and begins working very quickly. This means that you will likely feel the benefits almost immediately.
- No need to use extra inhalers- Many asthma patients have to rely on more than one inhaler to manage their symptoms. Things like daily preventative inhalers, quick-relief inhalers, and nebulizer treatments are all part of a normal asthma management plan.
- No more worrying about sudden asthma attacks- Many asthma patients have sudden asthma attacks that happen without warning. This can be incredibly frightening if you are not prepared to deal with it. Fasenra helps to prevent these sudden attacks and allows you to better prepare for them when they happen.
- Helps prevent and control asthma flare-ups- If you suffer from regular asthma flare-ups, then this medication could be a great help. It prevents these flare-ups from occurring and also helps to quickly manage them when they do.
- It can help asthma patients that don’t respond to short-acting inhalers- If your asthma doesn’t respond to short-acting inhalers, then it could be time for a change of strategy. Fasenra could be the answer you’re looking for.
Who Should Take Fasenra?
Anyone who has moderate to severe asthma can benefit from Fasenra daily inhaler. However, it is especially helpful for patients who have trouble responding to short-acting bronchodilators.
These include: –
- Patients who don’t respond to short-acting bronchodilators This includes patients who have worsened asthma and those who have asthma that doesn’t respond to the usual treatment.
- Patients with asthma that is unresponsive to anti-inflammatory steroid medications People who have asthma that doesn’t respond to anti-inflammatory steroid medications are considered to have severe asthma.
- Patients who need long-term therapy for asthma. If you have asthma and need long-term therapy, then Fasenra might be the best choice for you. It is especially helpful for patients who have worsening asthma or who don’t respond to other asthma medications.
Remember that side effects may depend on your age, health condition and other medications you take. All medications have side effects, but most of them are mild and can be managed. The most common side effects of Fasenra include:
- Nose bleeds – A small number of people experience nose bleeds when taking Fasenra. Nose bleeds can usually be managed by reducing the dosage or switching to another asthma medication.
- Hoarseness – Some people also notice that they sound hoarse while using Fasenra. This is usually temporary and can be managed by talking with your doctor about the best way to manage it.
- Swelling in the legs or ankles – Some people experience swelling in their legs or ankles while taking this medication. This can be managed by switching to another medication or reducing the dosage if the swelling is mild.
- Cough – Some people experience a cough while taking Fasenra. This can be managed by taking the medication with a drink of water. Be sure to talk to your doctor if the cough doesn’t go away or becomes bothersome.
Conclusion: Importance of Fasenra
Fasenra is a long-acting inhaled steroid that works by blocking the body’s inflammatory response. When a person is suffering from an asthma attack, their airways become inflamed and swollen. This can make it very difficult to breathe and might even lead to hospitalization if left untreated. Fasenra is a great way to manage asthma symptoms and prevent asthma attacks. This medication is available as a daily inhaler and is meant to be used every day to help prevent asthma attacks from occurring.
If you have been recently diagnosed with moderate to severe asthma, then you may be concerned about what this means for your future and if it will get worse over time. Rest assured that even though you probably have some difficult days ahead of you, there are many things that can help keep your symptoms under control. One of those things is Fasenra for severe asthma.